You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I being charged for a free trial?

So when I press start free trial to redeem my one month on Apple Arcade it says payment details declined and charges me 15 dollars??? I'm confused because Apple Arcade is only 7, so where is 15 coming from and why isn't it letting me redeem my free trial without paying?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 1:29 PM

4 replies

Mar 28, 2024 1:38 PM in response to coreyion

You have a previous charge that has not been paid. This will need to be resolved before you can download any apps or even a free trial. There will not be a charge for the free trial of Apple Arcade, but any previous charges will need to be paid first.

Review your previous purchases and subscriptions here:

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

If you are still unable to identify the charge, then contact Apple directly for the answer:

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

If you do sign up for a free trial, make sure you cancel it 24 hours before the trial ends, otherwise you will be charged. That is the most common reason where users have a charge, because they forget to cancel it.

Jul 30, 2024 12:10 PM in response to chriseana

Probably not, assuming they are for goods or services that have been delivered. This is a user to user support forum. You likely need to talk to iTunes - Official Apple Support.

Note when subscribing to a free trial there may be a funds check on your account for the amount of the subscription. Some financial institutions temporarily show these as real debits. Cancelling an Apple Arcade trial immediately terminates it, so avoid doing this until later in the trial, assuming you don't want to continue.

tt2

Jul 30, 2024 12:14 PM in response to chriseana

chriseana wrote:

Is there anyway to get out of these charges?

You will need to pay for any purchases/subscriptions you have made. If there is a current subscription that you want to stop, then that can be done here and you will no longer be billed for it when it expires:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Not sure of the circumstances for getting out of a charge for something that you have purchased.

Why am I being charged for a free trial?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.