You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to safeguard bank passcode on my Mac Studio such that it not be used on my iPad or iPhone

how can I set up a passcode on my Mac Studio 1 and it not be used on my iPad or iPhone? Is it as simple as turning off the passkey on my iphone or iPad?

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 2, 2024 12:15 PM

2 replies

Apr 5, 2024 5:58 AM in response to susiescheaffer

There is yet another approach.

if you are hesitant to have your credit card numbers, debit card numbers, or passcodes for ANY site on your computer, you can choose to NOT save them on your computer at all.

I do not want my credit card numbers in computer-readable form on my computers at all. So I simply tell the Mac when it wants to save them, "No Thanks". This means I need to key them in each time they are used, but I do not find that a huge inconvenience. (For bank account passwords, you would need to memorize and/or commit to paper copy in a safe place.)

Similarly when you Mac asks, "Save this password?" you can decline. If you have already committed them as a saved password once, you can use the Keychain Access utility to view, edit, and if you wish, remove selected passwords.

if you have questions about how to do that or any related topic, just post back.

How to safeguard bank passcode on my Mac Studio such that it not be used on my iPad or iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.