You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my bluetooth speakers crackling every 40 seconds when listening to youtube and playing a game?

I've got an M2 Max Mac Studio, connected my Logi Z207 speakers to it via Bluetooth. I'll boot up World of Warcraft, while listening to youtube music or. youtube videos in Firefox... I've counted it and it's typically every 40 seconds the audio will crackle and the music catches up after the crackle... it's extremely annoying and this is a brand new Mac Studio, just received it last week. My speakers work fine on my Windows PC, only is happening on the Mac. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Chip: M2 Max

Memory: 64 GB

macOS: Sonoma 14.4.1

Mac Studio

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 1:01 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 3, 2024 6:39 AM in response to AntiVillain

Why do I have difficulty with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices when USB 3 devices are attached to my computer?

Some USB 3 devices can generate radio frequency interference that can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices operating in the 2.4GHz band to have issues communicating with your computer. Here are some tips to avoid this issue:

• If your USB device has a cable long enough that you can move the device, place it away from your Mac—and make sure not to place it behind your Mac, or near the hinge of its display. The antennas for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are located there, and USB 3 devices placed there might interfere with your wireless connections.

• If you're using adapters or dongles on a Mac computer with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, plug them into the front port on the left side of your Mac, or into the ports on the right side (if your computer has them). These ports are the farthest away from the antennas, making interference less likely.

• To avoid interference on the 2.4GHz band using Wi-Fi, try using the 5GHz band instead. You can change this on your wireless base station. Bluetooth always uses 2.4GHz, so this alternative isn't available for Bluetooth.

About USB on Mac computers - Apple Support

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Apr 4, 2024 9:15 AM in response to AntiVillain

Once you have eliminated WiFi/Bluetooth interference as your issue, what remains is an intrusive cracking sound on your Wired speakers, that seems to be on a 40 second cycle.

Readers here have not rushed to press a solution into your hand, so I suspect you are dealing with something rare. I suggest you consider contacting official Apple support.

There are two quick tests needed in that and ANY debugging process.

First, Restart in Safe Mode and run the same test in safe mode.

'works in Safe Mode, fails in normal mode' implies "its something you added"

next, to rule out some settings in your userid. create a new user, log in with the new user, and test.

¿ does the issue occur with a new, pristine User?

Official Apple Support

Apr 3, 2024 11:24 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

I have since tried using the audio on the Mac Studio itself, HDMI monitors with speakers, and the Bluetooth speakers and the issue is prevalent through them all so it doesn't actually seem to be a wifi/bluetooth issue. I'm connected through ethernet as well. I see there are a lot of people that consistently experience crackling audio issues playing music on Mac's, what's the deal with this? Is there no fix?

Why are my bluetooth speakers crackling every 40 seconds when listening to youtube and playing a game?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.