You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account locked and Apple ID inactive

I am helping a family member with their iPhone setup. First I am asked to verify the Apple ID. When entering the password, an error message says "Apple ID is not active." So, I try to login via passkey using the iPhone, which gets me to another message "You must unlock your account before signing in."

Clicking on "unlock" takes me to the iforgot.apple.com where I enter all the necessary info only to get "This Apple ID is not active."

So, it's an endless loop. Using any kind of support services also requires to login using Apple ID. It's quite frustrating that Apple would not see these closed loops where a brand new iPhone user is brought to such frustration even having access to their new device.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 11:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2024 11:54 AM

I’ve tried it all. “Sorry…Apple Support is currently experiencing high demand…”

Too crappy service & support for a phone that costs this much. Feeling very frustrated and regretful of purchasing a new iPhone for my family member.

6 replies

Apr 14, 2024 7:27 PM in response to rasangdu

You need to have Apple reactivate the account. Please contact official Apple Support for help with an "inactive" Apple ID. The people responding on this forum are Apple product users like yourself and cannot do anything with your account.

To reach Apple Support:

1. Click here --> https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=cups&PGF=PGF63005

2. Select: Disabled Apple ID

3. Select: ”The Apple ID is not active" alert

4. Select: “Continue”

5. Select a chat or telephone call option.

or by telephone at one of the numbers in this support article --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Account locked and Apple ID inactive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.