You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files app crashes but reloads to a previous saved moment

I’m trying to write math on the pdf handed out by my professor on my iPad in files, when all of a sudden the files crashes inside the app but not fully where it will reload to a point it has previously saved the file. Losing a significant amount of work to catch up and write. I tried finding out how to avoid this issue but when I think I found out how to avoid it. The problem comes back, not knowing what’s causing it.

I tried renaming the file, restarting my iPad, avoiding the smoothing feature, editing it in the cloud, and using only one pen option. Anything that I think is causing the problem is not it.

The only way I now that will guaranty my work will be saved if I exited out and back into the file. Which is starting to get annoying.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 5:11 PM

There are no replies.

Files app crashes but reloads to a previous saved moment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.