You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I fix the extremely low volume issue on Apple Music for LG G3 TV?

I have just downloaded the Apple Music App on my LG G3 as I was curious to hear the Dolby Atmos tracks that I can't get on Spotify. The volume is EXTREMELY low compared with the same volume level for a Dolby Atmos movies or indeed switching to the Spotify app on the TV on the same song and is twice as loud. This indicates this is an issue with Apple Music. Is there are a way to troubleshoot this issue?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

OLED65G2PSA,

Posted on May 3, 2024 9:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2024 4:54 AM

I was checking this out and it got the Dolby Atmos feature, it's set to automatic by default and not only affects the Dolby Atmos songs, but all of them. I have an Atmos capable soundbar, and it's like 1/3rd of the volume than having the setting off.

TLDR: Turn of Dolby Atmos in settings.

28 replies

Aug 3, 2024 6:20 PM in response to ScottySiglap

I did a final deep dive to figure out why AM Atmos volume is so low on LG. It turns out the only way to fix this, like on any device, is to turn on a volume leveling mechanism. Like Sound Check on AM or Loudness normalization on Spotify/Tidal, etc. But on LG, with the LG version of that, it only works on TV internal speakers (junk) or an LG Atmos soundbar. Not an AVR or other Atmos device made by anyone else. Tidal app on LG suffers from this too.

Conclusion: For best AM Atmos on an AVR, go buy an Apple TV and turn on Sound Check. Skip AM Atmos on LG, unless you like extreme volume blasting when you forget to turn it down!

Jun 11, 2024 6:30 AM in response to ScottySiglap

Hi Everyone. I have followed Apple up on this issue again and I have received no further follow up. This is despite having helped them to simulate the issue again and provided several video proofs with a DB Meter for their engineering teams which demonstrates the issue and volume variances between Streaming Music and Video Apps. Needless to say I have cancelled my Apple Music subscription trial... If you want Atmos music via your LG TV, Apple Music is not your solution.

Aug 2, 2024 6:42 PM in response to ScottySiglap

I thought maybe Sound, Advanced Settings, Automatic Volume Adjustment — which is like Sound Check — should be ON (for Atmos music only!) So, I turned it on in the LG Sound section. No change from Automatic Volume Adjustment being off. So, not it.

My Yamaha AVR is showing getting Atmos but it is weak compared to AM via ATV4K for sure.

It seems LG does not have it set up right. You can raise the volume, but that is no fun when done and back to TV. Plus a danger to hearing.

Seems a bug. LG and apps are up to date too. August 2, 2024

How can I fix the extremely low volume issue on Apple Music for LG G3 TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.