You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Remote App - All inputs turn off Vizio TV

I have a Vizio TV that I have added to my Home on Homekit. There is a Vizio official remote app on iOS, but when I tried to use the Apple Remote app instead, all inputs (up,down,left,right,pause,volume, etc.) instantly power down the TV. How can I fix this?

Note: I do not own an Apple TV, but I can control the Vizio TV with some limited commands (power, input) in the Home app.

MTKC_M43Q6M-K04,

Posted on May 18, 2024 11:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2024 11:31 AM

Unfortunately not, I have been using the dedicated Vizio app since.

Further experimentation with the Home app makes me think that the Vizio tv software is just not currently capable of interpreting any signal from the native Apple apps other than On/Off. For example, I set an automation in Home to turn off the TV when I left my house - but if the TV was already off when this happened, it would actually turn itself on automatically. Any input is interpreted either turning the TV on or off.

The google home app might be a workaround for setting automations, I have more control over volume and inputs on that app

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2024 11:31 AM in response to The-Acolyte

Unfortunately not, I have been using the dedicated Vizio app since.

Further experimentation with the Home app makes me think that the Vizio tv software is just not currently capable of interpreting any signal from the native Apple apps other than On/Off. For example, I set an automation in Home to turn off the TV when I left my house - but if the TV was already off when this happened, it would actually turn itself on automatically. Any input is interpreted either turning the TV on or off.

The google home app might be a workaround for setting automations, I have more control over volume and inputs on that app

Jun 16, 2024 11:35 AM in response to Mhusss

The weird thing for me is that mine worked perfectly at one point then one day it still worked when I start with the tv off already, it will turn the tv on and will work perfectly but as soon as I close the remote and re-open it, the next button I press no matter what it is will turn off the tv and won’t turn it back on unless I close the remote and open it again then the whole cycle repeats. I have also been using the smartcast app as the workaround but it’s just not as convenient as the widget was.

iOS Remote App - All inputs turn off Vizio TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.