You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unreadable CD-R. How to fix?

I recently came across CD-Rs that I'd stored old photos on from around 2005/6. My partner was super excited as we think the CDs include photos that we thought we'd lost when a backup drive failed.

I plugged an old drive and CD into my M3 mac (running Sonoma 14.3.1), crossed my fingers and hoped that it would read. It doesn't. The good news is that it recognises the drive, but it doesn't see the CD as readable. Any ideas how I can access these files. When I plug in the drive, I get a pop up window and the message "The disk you attached was not readable by this computer" with two option buttons, Ignore or Eject.

My Finder settings allow for CDs. Can anyone suggest possible workarounds?! Thanks in advance for any help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.6

Posted on May 26, 2024 3:58 PM

1 reply

Unreadable CD-R. How to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.