You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older IOS AND PROGRAM CAPABILITIES

I am running iOS 10.3.3 on an older iPad version. I just started using it again and I’m having problem using my Gmail account. Google says that I cannot sign in because I am running below the 12.5 required for security reasons, has anyone else ran into this problem, have you found a way around that? I’m actually not sure which generation iPad I’m running, I purchased it approximately 12 years ago.

iPad (4th generation)

Posted on May 28, 2024 2:10 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2024 4:49 PM in response to dianafromgig harbor

Google has upgraded its security for older devices.

First delete the Gmail account in Mail. Then, to add your Gmail account, you'll need to:

1. Create an application password for your Gmail account: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en.
  2. Add your Gmail mail account on your Mac using the "Other" choice, not the Google choice. You'll then use the password created in step 1.

Older IOS AND PROGRAM CAPABILITIES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.