You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Quick Look” app on Apple Vision Pro, what is it and why is it on running my AVP?

So I brought up the Force Quit function on my AVP and I noticed a running app called “Quick Look” listed there as an option to force quit. I didn’t install this nor did I open it. I have no idea what is or what it does.

Can anyone provide me with some information regarding this app?

Thanks.

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Jun 4, 2024 4:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2024 8:53 PM

It’s an app used to view files, very commonly used on Mac - View and edit files with Quick Look on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Jun 5, 2024 7:17 AM in response to MrChrisHaas

Just to add to what Zedairder already said:

Quick Look is part of the Vision OS… nothing to be concerned about. It is like a trimmed down version of the “Preview” app that exists on the Mac and allows you to view files without opening the native app (e.g. you can look at an image without opening the Photos app, or view a PDF file). Possibly Apple will eventually include a more robust version of Preview with the Vison OS, but you definitely want to have the Quick Look app on the AVP.

“Quick Look” app on Apple Vision Pro, what is it and why is it on running my AVP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.