You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Recover Files on Ipad?

This is my first time posting but I'm really stuck. I had several PowerPoint presentations that were stored in two folders for my college classes. I tried to open the app and it tried to open but shut down and it just wouldn't open. I restarted the ipad and had the same problem. I thought I could delete the app and reinstall it.

I did reinstall the app but all of my folders and PowerPoint presentations disappeared. Did I delete them? If so, is there a suggested service for recovery? I really need these files for school.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 8, 2024 5:49 PM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2024 10:37 AM in response to Hectors12

Where were the files stored? Locally on the iPad itself, iCloud, or Microsoft OneDrive? Someplace else?

Deleting an App from your iPad will also permanently delete associated App data from the iPad - whereas offloading an App will remove the App while preserving the locally stored App data.

If files were deleted from the iPad, check the Files App Recently Deleted folder; if your files are in this folder, they can be recovered.

Files deleted from iCloud can be similarly recovered:

Recover deleted files on iCloud.com - Apple Support

How Do I Recover Files on Ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.