You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental control did not prevent in-app purchases

Please can someone explain to me how it is possible that my 8 year old son was able to spend a stupid amount of money in multiple transactions in quick succession without the parental controls asking me for permission before payment went through?

I have all the controls in place. The game is Hungry Shark World and somehow he managed to purchase in-app packs for $149.99, $149.99, $164.98, $29.99 and $7.99.

My son thought it wasn’t real money.

I requested a refund from apple and much to my surprise I was refused. No reason was provided.

I appealed the decision and was rejected again, again with no reason.

I called apple support who told me the decision was final and I needed to lookup the terms and conditions. The support person was not able to give me any reason for the refund rejection and explained that the decision was final and I could do nothing about it.

I find this absolutely disgusting. I am a 25 year apple customer and including my business would have spent in excess of $200k with the company in that time. I am beyond disappointed in apple and how this has been handled.

Can anyone explain to me why an in-app purchase did not require my consent? And how apple can take this stance?

Posted on Jun 11, 2024 11:41 AM

There are no replies.

Parental control did not prevent in-app purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.