You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Circle View Doorbell will not pair and now will not reset

I'm on my second doorbell from Logitech.

With the fist one, I tried 3 different USB power bricks (2A, 2.1A and 2.4A), with the same results. The unit would reset, 2 beeps, and then I'd attempt paring. Sometimes the unit would flash the illumination LEDs and other times it didn't. The paring would always time out, using iPhone XS and Apple TV 4k (1st gen). I tried both before and after updating my devices to the most current OS and the new HomeKit architecture. Opened a case with Logitech, and they attempted to help but we ultimately agreed to return the device. Device returned, refund issued.

Second device, purchased directly from Apple. The unit reset successfully once. The first time I tried it. This time with the same power bricks, and then I noticed a note on installation support site that contradicted the nearly ubiquitous suggestions to use a 5V 2A USB adapter. The note provides contradictory advice that the power brick should be rated at 3000mA minimum. Ok. 2A and 3000mA are not the same guys.

On the second unit, I tried to pair with the same above devices and also tried with an iPad Air (4th gen).. same apple ID, same HomeKit details showing up on both iPhone and iPad. I also tried removing the other Apple TV (same model) to be sure we had no confusion over who is the hub.

I've only been able to get the second doorbell to green LED status 3 times. Twice before attempting the reset that worked only once. The unit will not reset now no matter what I try. I've located 2 additional USB power bricks. One is the iPad Air USB-C adapter, 5V 3A, and the other is a laptop USB adapter, 5.2V 3A. No difference. Will not reset. Doesn't matter how long it stays off between attempts. Does this need to be paired using house doorbell AC power? (ours is 16V 10VA)

I'm at a loss for what to expect or do here. I've reopened my case with Logitech, so I guess I'll have another return. I'm not expecting them to have a magic answer. It's disappointing that these units don't have some other method for being configured outside of this non-functional HomeKit accessory add procedure. We tired NFC, we tried the QR code, we tried entering the code manually. Nothing. We tried discovery, which should only work if the unit is on the WiFi already.

It's amazing that there isn't another way to get this unit on our wireless network and paired to HomeKit. What's worse, as an IT professional, I have no means for seeing a log on this accessory device. No feedback accepting the LED patterns which aren't enough information. No other deeper reset procedure? No firmware flash utility?

I've wasted hours retrying this with both doorbells. In contrast, I bought a non-HomeKit RGBW lightbulb from Feit, and had it added to WiFi and working in their native iOS app in less than a minute.

Why is this process broken for me? I can see others have had success, so I'm guessing I've managed to get devices that should have failed quality checks. Twice. From 2 different vendors. Seems unlikely.

5 different USB power adapters. 2 different Apple devices. Right before and after fully updating. I'm about done trying to use HomeKit for anything, and I've been a happy Apple evangelist for most of my IT career, going on 3 decades now.

What do I have to do to make this doorbell reset?? Once reset, what do I have to do to pair successfully??

We tried turning off 5Ghz on my router, we tried removing any repeaters. No difference.

Apple TV 4K (1st generation)

Posted on Jun 13, 2024 10:51 AM

There are no replies.

Logitech Circle View Doorbell will not pair and now will not reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.