You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focused App window is slightly transparent unless using an environment

When not using an environment, the real world is visible through in-focus app windows. I’m not able to work without using an environment because I can see things in the room through the app window I’m trying to use. This doesn’t make a lot of sense since the real world is just camera passthrough and no more real in the AVP than the app window.

This is especially jarring when the app window is further away than the real world object as my brain knows the thing I can see through the app window is actually in front of the app window.

This is true even with one eye closed (so it is not that one eye sees the object that is to the side of the app window and the other does not).

For example, right now the safari window I’m typing this into is set about 15 feet away from me. My computer monitors are 3 feet away. And I can see the ghost of things on my computer monitors through this AVP safari window. (I’m not close enough to the monitors to get the “Move Back. You are too close to an object” warning)

Is very jarring.

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 2

Posted on Jun 14, 2024 4:35 AM

There are no replies.

Focused App window is slightly transparent unless using an environment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.