You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud Music Library won't sync on reset Mac

I recently reset my MacBook Pro M1 (macOS Sonoma 14.5) and successfully logged in with my Apple ID. I also use this Apple ID on my iPhone. Everything is working correctly EXCEPT Apple Music. The Cloud Music Library will not sync after trying for several minutes. The error message that I receive is "Genius results can't be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4007)." I've attached screenshots of the error message and of the activity window prior to the error.

What I've tried...

Music is logged in with my Apple ID. The computer was also successfully "authorized." I tried logging out of Music and rebooting. I logged back in to Music and attempted to sync my Cloud Library again. I wasn't successful, and received the same error message.

Apple Music is working fine on my iPhone, and my library appears to be syncing correctly. This is really discouraging. I've read at least a couple other folks who've had the same problem. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jun 17, 2024 4:32 AM

7 replies

Jun 24, 2024 2:25 PM in response to tulipwise

I have had the same problem since June 20 with my 2019 iMac I9 27" which contains my main music library on an external ssd drive. My last known sync was the day before. Just bought a new iPad Pro M4 Friday, and it would not sync either. I reformatted my MacBook Pro M1 on Friday night also and it will not sync with Apple Music. My iPhone is still syncing and believing it or not my 2018 MacBook Pro still syncs. The 2018 model though is hardly ever used and I should state I have not checked it today. I contacted Apple Support Saturday. I spent over three hours with them working on the machines and taking logs for them. They are supposed to contact me tomorrow. Sunday morning the new iPad Pro started slowly adding a few items from my library. It still has not completed updating my library as of today. It normally times out after about 6 minutes. I sure hope someone comes up with a solution.

Jun 27, 2024 4:58 AM in response to tulipwise

After a Phone call with apple support, where I proved I had reformatted the Mac and started from scratch, and they took screenshots, they fixed it later that evening.

If I restored just my local database from TimeMachine, I could access my online tracks, but not sync or upload. Which makes me think that the online database is corrupted somehow when this error occurs, and they just need to reset it somehow.

Jun 17, 2024 7:12 AM in response to tulipwise

Same with me since Saturday 15th, although syncing has been dodgy for a week. I turned sync off and on again and have lost access on Mac. My iPad has lost access now after switching sync on and off, but iPhone still working. iTunes for Windows also cannot access. If I replace the database with a backup from Time Machine, I can access previously synced files, but cannot sync further. Currently trying to speak to someone from Apple Support.

Cloud Music Library won't sync on reset Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.