You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Tab gone as I opened Books App on my iPhone 12 Pro.

I opened the Apple Books app on my iPhone and the home tab is gone, along with the reading now function— I’ve tried shutting my phone off and turning it back on along with reinstalling and installing the app. So far nothings worked. Any ideas what I could do??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jun 18, 2024 8:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2024 6:00 AM

You're definitely not the only one. I think the hot fix to address the photo indexing issue broke the Books app (and probably other stuff).

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/1djayrz/my_apple_books_home_tab_aka_reading_now_tab_has/

The GIF below shows the Home tab disappearing. I offloaded the app and reinstalled. Right after opening the app, you can see the Home tab disappearing within a half second.

(Edited to add clarity of what the GIF is showing.)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 19, 2024 6:00 AM in response to Livelifelovebooks

You're definitely not the only one. I think the hot fix to address the photo indexing issue broke the Books app (and probably other stuff).

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/1djayrz/my_apple_books_home_tab_aka_reading_now_tab_has/

The GIF below shows the Home tab disappearing. I offloaded the app and reinstalled. Right after opening the app, you can see the Home tab disappearing within a half second.

(Edited to add clarity of what the GIF is showing.)

Home Tab gone as I opened Books App on my iPhone 12 Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.