You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple Vision Pro work for my aquaintance who has ALS? (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)

Hi,

I am considering to buy an Apple Vision Pro for my acquaintance struggling with ALS.

It's been quite a while and he can only blink or move his eyes now.

He would draw the first alphabet of a word with his eyes to communicate, but obviously, this is nowhere near convenient or clear.

When I found out about this product, I was thrilled that it could track the user's eye movement, however, most of the videos were showing using finger or hand movement with it and I was wondering if you could alter these movement settings into the number of blinks or certain eye movements in the settings.

I'm worried that if the device only responds to hand or finger movements, my aquaintance may end up feeling isolated and helpless because he can't move his hands. Will the Apple Vision Pro work for someone with ALS, or is it not suitable yet?

Thank you.

Posted on Jun 20, 2024 3:02 AM

4 replies

Jun 20, 2024 12:26 PM in response to jinju96

Hey there! iPhone’s built-in accessibility features contain AssistiveTouch with Dwell Control, which allows you to highlight something and it will be pressed for you. I do not own a Vision Pro so I am not sure if there is a similar feature to this, but I would go to a nearby Apple Store, ask them if this feature is available, and get a demo to see if the feature is right for him and that he is able to use the device with ease. If there’s any other questions you have, just let me know!

Will Apple Vision Pro work for my aquaintance who has ALS? (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.