You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Music app playing on HomePod

When I’m getting ready to go for a run at home, I put my AirPod Pros in and open the Music app on my Apple Watch Ultra and select a playlist. The music starts playing on my Apple TV / HomePod setup instead of through my AirPods. I confirmed the AirPods are connected under Bluetooth but I do not see them listed as an option to select. The music only transfers to my AirPods once I leave the house and I reconnect them. I’d obviously love to find a way to stop them from playing through the ATV/HomePods first. Thoughts?

Apple Watch Ultra

Posted on Jun 21, 2024 5:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2024 7:12 AM

Yes please fix this. When I go out and mow my yard I have the exact same thing happen or go out for a walk. It’s absolutely annoying. Especially when Apple says seamless switching before devices. I have the AirPod pro 2 and everything is updated. Please Apple fix this issue

2 replies

Apple Watch Music app playing on HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.