You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redundant MDM, any help?

I have a work iPad which was given under the project NHSX with jigsaw24 MDM. NHSX told us in 2022 jigsaw24 would remove the MDMs from all the iPads (11000 in total given to several care homes) offered under this project.

After the date the jigsaw24 told us that they will remove the MDM, I still noticed it in the settings and restart would ask for username and password for mdm but the iPad was working until recently I tried to factory reset the iPad and now it still shows MDM login screen except this time even though I am putting the correct login details the MDM just attempts to load and stuck on that screen .

Jigsaw24 says they can't do anything as it's been 2 years.

Apple says they can't do anything it's jigsaw needs to sort it out. It goes back and forth.

Any suggestions?

I have tried to factory reset without backing up or from back up a few times now and I know that wouldn't work.

Posted on Jun 22, 2024 12:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2024 5:07 AM

As described, if jigsaw24 no longer have access to the MDM platform that manages your iPad - and as Apple cannot assist with a device that is locked to an MDM platform - you are stuck.

You have two choices:

1) Insofar as is possible, continue using the iPad within the applied policy-limited boundaries.

2) Replace the iPad.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 23, 2024 5:07 AM in response to Tnnithy

As described, if jigsaw24 no longer have access to the MDM platform that manages your iPad - and as Apple cannot assist with a device that is locked to an MDM platform - you are stuck.

You have two choices:

1) Insofar as is possible, continue using the iPad within the applied policy-limited boundaries.

2) Replace the iPad.

Jun 22, 2024 9:05 AM in response to Tnnithy

Devices that are supervised/configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

Jun 24, 2024 8:35 AM in response to Tnnithy

It sounds like the device was assigned to an MDM using Apple Business Manager. Do you have access to this Apple Business Manager instance? If so, you need to ensure the device is pointed to the correct MDM platform within ABM. If it is pointed correctly, but the device is trying to hit a different MDM, then you need to plug the device into a computer and put it in DFU mode to reset the device. This will temporarily clear the activation record and allow the device to retrieve it again. Once retrieved, the device should begin to set up properly.

Jun 22, 2024 10:22 AM in response to LotusPilot

Hi Lotuspilo,

Thank you. I have tried with the jigsaw24- they system admin. They said that because they have stopped the service for 2 years now they can't support with removing this.

In 2022 they did email all the users to ask for the iPad to be connected to WiFi and turned on. They said it will be over in a day the MDM will be removed and the iPad will restart on its own and MDM will disappear from the iPad.

The problem was the MDM was still there the next day and they sent us instructions how to factory reset which for me and some people, I heard, didn't remove the MDM. I gave up as I could use the iPad.

Only recently the iPad needed restarting, and I entered the user name and password for the MDM and as you can see in the picture attached, it keeps saying it's configuring.

If only I can see the settings by connecting to my Mac or windows pc, I could try what you suggested.

Redundant MDM, any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.