You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot load songs onto iPod

Ao Apple has made iPods obsolete. WHIle I can download songs from iTunes to my computer, I cannot enjoy them on my still functioning iPod. Further, I can't take songs from my CDs or even songs from my old band loaded onto my computer as MP3s and put them on my iPod. I bought older iPods for my kids so they wouldn't surf p0rn, get stalked by p3rv3rts, or game all day, but still be able to enjoy music.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 23, 2024 9:56 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2024 2:36 AM in response to Mdurwin2020

Mdurwin2020 wrote:
WHIle I can download songs from iTunes to my computer, I cannot enjoy them on my still functioning iPod. Further, I can't take songs from my CDs or even songs from my old band loaded onto my computer as MP3s and put them on my iPod.

Why not? The fact that the iPod is obsolete does not prevent you from adding music to your iPod with iTunes.

However, if you have turned on Apple Music, that will cause issues.

So let's start from the beginning:

1. I don't understand what you mean by "downloading songs from iTunes to your computer". You either use iTunes to copy a CD onto your computer (and iTunes lists it as well) or you save MP3 files (etc.) to your computer, add them to your iTunes Library and then copy them to an iPod (by using Sync). If the songs are listed in your iTunes Library, they are already on your computer (unless you are using the cloud and every song has a cloud icon next to it)
  2. Have you started using Apple Music (the subscription service)? If so, turn it off
  3. Is your music listed in your iTunes Library and does it play?
  4. When you connect your iPod to your computer, does it show up in iTunes? There will be an iPod icon on the bar just below the menu bar:

Cannot load songs onto iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.