You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit broken by iOS 17

HomeKit has been a mess since updating to iOS 17.c

Eve door and window sensors no longer provide notifications to my phone. I’ve already confirmed all the notification settings are turned on

i removed one sensor and deleted it as suggested elsewhere. When I attempted to rescan the products code, I get a vague error message that it can’t be added.

Level Locks likewise have stopped providing notifications to my phone. Again, all notifications are turned on.

KASA outdoor plugs are cycling endlessly: Home will state they are ‘updating’ for days; this will cjhange to ‘non responsive ‘ for days, then they will work perfectly fine for 2-3 days; then back to updating etc.

All items are up to date. iOS 17 is up to date.

all these products worked fine for over 1 ½ years. With an upgrade to iOS 27.x, all these issues occurred simultaneously.

I'm utterly frustrated. Because I have a number of ‘smart’ items in my house, asking me to delete HomeKit and re-install everything will likely lead me to abandon HomeKit snd Apple products.

Posted on Jun 28, 2024 6:05 PM

1 reply

Homekit broken by iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.