You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device says its managed despite MDM being removed.

On my iPad (9th Gen), there’s this thing that says “this IPad is managed by…” even though the MDM it previously had was removed by the administrator. I’ve consulted them, but they said I had to completely reset my iPad to fix it. Obviously I’d want to try other ways to fix before I do that.

Why I want to remove it is because that MDM prevented me from logging in to third party apps using log in methods like Google, Facebook, Steam etc. or so I believe.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Jun 29, 2024 2:49 AM

1 reply

Jul 1, 2024 12:03 PM in response to MichaelK_10

"This iPad is managed by..." is a byproduct of supervision. This allows additional management features. Supervision is not the same as device management. It simply means features are available for use when enrolled in device management. Device management can be removed without wiping the device. Turning off supervised mode (not the same as a device that is actually managed) can only be done by wiping the device and setting it up as a new device.

You can check to see if your device is managed by going to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management. If you see a profile in there, then your device is managed. If you don't see it, it's not managed.

Device says its managed despite MDM being removed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.