You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which one will be better: MacBook or iPad upgrade

My 15 yo son's Ipad just got destroyed by the dog. Screen smashed and beyond. Doubt it can be repaired. I'm wondering if now is a time to upgrade to an macbook air to give him more compute and capabilities for school, etc. He primarily used his Ipad to play games so his first concern is being able to port his Apple ID to bring the games and data over. I don't want to jump the gun and just get a newer Ipad. I'd rather invest in something for more long-term use. Any advise?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 8:41 AM

1 reply

Jun 30, 2024 9:41 AM in response to gmalizioso

MacBooks won't game good. If Apple Pencil is used on iPad 10th generation, you will need the whole cable and an extra small adapter because of Apple Pencil 1 instead of 2. iPad Air 4 is like 10th generation without problems. The Air 5 is too expensive (otherwise it is okay.) iPad 9th generation is a cheaper option that is nice enough but still has lightning port unlike other iPads. iPad Pro 11-13in is not recommended unless it is a bit older because it is a waste of money and may break easily because it's more thin.

Recommended- iPad Air 4 and 9th gen.

Which one will be better: MacBook or iPad upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.