You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using my old iPod Touch with my Mac

Is therre a way to actually use my old iPod touch with currrent Mac software? I have a perfectly functional iPod running IOS 4.2.1 that I am able to reset from the the Mac Finder but I cannot find a way to login to iCloud or connect to newer music, audiobooks, podcasts on my M3 iMac. There are some files that the Finder management window shows which I am guessing are a remnant of previous operating systems but with the absence of iTunes I see no way to import or use items that I have paid for on this perfectly elegant little device. Seems like such a waste!

I am guessing that some techie out there must have found a workaround for Apples abandonment of its long time users.

iMac (M3, 2023)

Posted on Jun 30, 2024 10:02 AM

1 reply

Using my old iPod Touch with my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.