You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Motion file in Final Cut Pro X speed

I designed a custom 30 second animation file in Motion which is designed to be keyed over a changable background image in FCPX. It's basically a bunch of rectangles moving up and down and a constant speed and on the left side of the screen. I want this to be the top layer in Final Cut. Depending on how long I need to use this for be it 5 seconds, 20 seconds, or the full 30 seconds I want the speed of the animation to remain constant. But when I shorten the file in my Final Cut timeline the animation speeds up to reach the end of the the 30 second file. I just want to be able to use a portion of the animation and not see the full 30 seconds of it. Not sure how to accomplish this. Please help! Thank you!

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 1, 2024 8:47 AM

3 replies

Custom Motion file in Final Cut Pro X speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.