You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to easily turn an old iPod touch 4 into a table clock.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 2, 2024 6:43 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2024 6:47 PM in response to gmfalsten

I have an old iPod touch 4 (iOS 6.1.6), and I couldn't think of a useful way to use it in 2024. I wanted to turn it into a nice clock, but none of the apps from the AppStore would install. I couldn't find any working online clocks for this old iPod on any website.

The built-in 'Clock' app only shows small analog clocks that take up no more than 5% of the screen area. I couldn't install a jailbreak either.

But I found a solution. I simply turned on 'Settings/Accessibility/Zoom,' then launched the built-in 'Clock' app and enlarged the small clock to fill the entire screen.

Printing a stand on a 3D printer was not difficult. And now my desk is adorned with neat clocks that, moreover, synchronize over the internet :).

How to easily turn an old iPod touch 4 into a table clock.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.