You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Numbers “green oval” how to turn off please

Can anyone tell me how to turn this off please? I’ve accidentally turned it on.

it magnifies cells inside it but I’m at a loss to even control it!

iPad Pro

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 2:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 5:08 AM

This appears to be a very common problem lately. I don't know what Apple has done that has caused this. If someone can figure out how the oval is getting there in the first place (i.e., how to get it there so easily it is often done accidentally), that would be great.

How to remove the green ring that appears… - Apple Community

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2024 5:08 AM in response to howattee

This appears to be a very common problem lately. I don't know what Apple has done that has caused this. If someone can figure out how the oval is getting there in the first place (i.e., how to get it there so easily it is often done accidentally), that would be great.

How to remove the green ring that appears… - Apple Community

Jul 28, 2024 11:15 PM in response to thaikhai

No no no. Force kill is a different thing than deleting. Swipe up or double click the home button to show the active apps as icons. Then swipe up on Numbers app displayed as an icon to force kill it.

I’m happy you solved your issue, but I just want to be clear about what I was saying worked for me. 👌

Sep 9, 2024 10:33 AM in response to Jakib

Hey Jakob, thanks. Worked perfectly for me! I wonder if you can answer this for me? I use “force kill” all the time, several times a day. I didn’t know it was called that. It’s just convenient. Does the name, force kill, mean I shouldn’t be using it all the time, but saving it for solving problems? Could that explain the lagging’s I’m experienceing? I’m not a newbie, but I am old and ignorant about tech. Appreciate your help!

Numbers “green oval” how to turn off please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.