You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Issue with Fitness+ on Mac Studio: Audio Streams, but Screen Stays Black

I can airplay other media (like YouTube) videos to the Mac Studio successfully. When i Airplay a Fitness+ preview or workout, the Airplay successfully activates and audio is streamed, but the screen is just black.

I closed all apps but it is still not working, as if there is a DRM issue, but I cannot identify it.

Any help?

Mac Studio

Posted on Jul 9, 2024 10:24 PM

3 replies

Jul 10, 2024 12:55 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple Thunderbolt Displays connected with an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter to the back of the Mac Studio. I also have two Dell displays—one is connected via DisplayPort to a Cal Digit hub (which connects to the Studio via USB C), and one has a VGA to USB C adapter connected to the Studio directly. I am mostly airplaying to one of the Thunderbolt displays, but the various other displays are all plugged in during this.

Apple Support lists Mac Studio as not supported for Apple Fitness+ Airplay but I am very skeptical of this for the following reasons:

1. The page lists other supported entities (iOS 16.1) since the release of the Studio.
  2. AirPlay to the Mac Studio works partially: audio streams, but the video only appears when paused and remains a black screen otherwise. Indeed feels like some part of the DRM chain is broken. This is what we may need to troubleshoot most.

It indeed behaves like a DRM issue but I cannot be sure.

Airplay Issue with Fitness+ on Mac Studio: Audio Streams, but Screen Stays Black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.