You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

speed up recovery wait time for business device

Is there really no way to expedite password recovery for a business device? Our iPad needs an update. Automatic updates ARE turned on, but it is not updated to iOS 17. Without the latest update our business point of sale is not working correctly. I try to run the software update and it requests a password that has been lost with time. Attempting the reset password made us wait a day to find out we need to wait another WEEK until they provide the password. If this is Apple's approach to business, I can't afford to purchase another Apple product for my business ever again. They state that there is NO WAY to expedite this automated process. That just can't be right in today's day and age for a business device!!! Any other product support did this to me and they would be fired and replaced! Unacceptable! (Obviously this rant is being made on another Apple device - which I will also reconsider if this policy remains).

Posted on Jul 12, 2024 6:07 AM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2024 9:23 AM in response to AlleycatKen

This is easily mitigated with Mobile Device Management (MDM). Using an MDM platform, you can reset or remove passcodes for devices without Apple's assistance. You can remove Activation Lock, and wipe devices. You can configure the devices and lock them into specific apps and other configurations. You can also force the OS updates without even touching the device.

This doesn't just apply to iOS/iPadOS devices. It also can apply to tvOS, watchOS, visionOS, and macOS devices as well. Apple has introduced options. They're not as publicized as well as they should be, but they exist.

The prices on MDMs range from free to $10/device/month depending on OS and your needs. Some popular MDM platforms are Mosyle, Jamf, Kandji, and Apple Business Essentials (this one is much more limited and I don't recommend it).

speed up recovery wait time for business device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.