You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why has the Notes sync persisted for over 2 years now?

why has the Notes sync persisted for over 2 years now? i have the same icloud account on my iphone and mac studio desktop. the past 1-3 years it has not been syncing properly. I tell this to apple and have me do these convoluted steps to make the app force sync. i shouldnt have to force it. it should be syncing on its own like it used to do about 2-3 years ago. today: walking to dinner and adding text to my Notes application. 1-2 hours later....come open. open my imac desktop computer. Open notes. and the text I added to my notes application on my iphone isnt showing up on the notes application on my desktop. i quit notes. re open. still hasnt updated. (i bet you 1 million bucks the only way to make it show up on the desktop is go back to the iphone. force quit out of notes. re open again. maybe twice and only the might it up on the notes desktop app). what a joke. this has persisted too long. please fix this app already.

Posted on Jul 13, 2024 5:10 PM

13 replies

Jul 14, 2024 9:56 AM in response to BDAqua

it's now the morning after I made that post yesterday. before I saw your message come in just now, I proved my own theory: I see that the desktop version of notes isnt sunk to what i put on notes on my iphone yesterday evening. So I went to my iphone just now and went to notes. and once I did that, those notes showed up in the desktop version of notes. But heres the issue. When I was out walking to a restaurant yesterday adding new text to "notes" in my iphone, that should have sync'd with the desktop version of notes almost instantly but it didnt. And now its HOURS later and pulling up my notes again on the iphone makes it sync now that I'm in proximity to my desktop computer? when I open up icloud after what I just described, it shows the notes of what I just updated on my desktop level.

Jul 14, 2024 10:15 AM in response to BDAqua

Well lets go test PART of that theory. I'm gonna go add new text to my Notes app on my iphone as I sit in front of my desktop computer at home. (I've hit "quit" on notes on the desktop level on purpose to help with this experiment). I went to my iphone just now and typed in "Testing 123" at the very top of this document in "notes" app. then I pressed "done". Then I slid the application upwards on the iphone to make it 'force quit' (and hopefully force sync to the cloud). Ok now lets go back to the desktop computer and open Notes....And "testing123" is now at the top of my Notes doc on the desktop level. So that kind of supports your theory about it not connecting when its not on the network. now lets try another test of that variation. lets leave the notes app open the entire time on the desktop level and come over to the iphone and type in "test2" in the notes app and click "done" but we wont force quit out of the notes app on the iphone. Yep I see "test2" on the notes app on the desktop level now.

why has the Notes sync persisted for over 2 years now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.