You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPod (6th Generation) will not connect to home wifi

I have an old 6th generation IPod touch and I'm trying to connect it to my home wifi. I tried reseting the network setting on the device and then restarting it. It connects to the hotspot on my IPhone, but not the home wifi. Please help.

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 14, 2024 1:35 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2024 8:21 PM in response to bobjbkln

I'm aware of the document you sent, thank you. However, the message I receive when I put in the password for the wifi is "Unable to join the network "*************"" Dismiss. Any other device can connect to the wifi, but the IPod cannot. I tried everything, but it won't connect. For some reason it will connect to my personal hotspot, but I don't want to use that unless it is necessary. It says it is up to date with iOS 9.3.5.

IPod (6th Generation) will not connect to home wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.