You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Apple Pencil be able to transfer handwritten Swedish into text on iPad in Notes?

I have used Notes for several years now and I love it. I take notes on my computer during business meetings and they are searchable. Sometimes the computer "disturbs" the quality of the conversations in the meeting. I would be more comfortable using something more like a notebook like an iPad.

So I want to buy an iPad, an Apple Pencil to take manual notes and transfer them into searchable text. The problem is that it doesn´t support Swedish. Big disappointment.

Do you know if there are any plans for Swedish?

Posted on Jul 17, 2024 1:57 AM

3 replies

Jul 17, 2024 4:43 AM in response to SiriWikander

Presumably you refer to the iPad's Scribble feature...

Apple Pencil/Scribble support is detailed here:

iOS and iPadOS - Feature Availability - Apple

As you’ll note, while Scribble doesn't support Swedish, the following languages are currently supported:

• Arabic
  • Cantonese (Traditional)
  • Chinese (Simplified)
  • Chinese (Traditional)
  • English (Australia)
  • English (Canada)
  • English (India)
  • English (Ireland)
  • English (New Zealand)
  • English (Singapore)
  • English (South Africa)
  • English (United Kingdom)
  • English (United States)
  • French (Belgium)
  • French (Canada)
  • French (France)
  • French (Switzerland)
  • German (Austria)
  • German (Germany)
  • German (Switzerland)
  • Italian (Italy)
  • Italian (Switzerland)
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Portuguese (Portugal)
  • Russian
  • Spanish (Latin America)
  • Spanish (Mexico)
  • Spanish (Spain)
  • Thai (Thailand)
  • Ukrainian
  • Vietnamese

Contributors here are all end-users, just like you. Other than information published by Apple, nobody here has any insight into Apple’s product design decisions or future software development roadmap.

Apple invites submission of feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

If you would like to see support for additional languages, such as Swedish, this would be the most appropriate channel through which to make your request.

When will Apple Pencil be able to transfer handwritten Swedish into text on iPad in Notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.