You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I be able to use Universal Control between a Mac Studio and an iPad?

Hi everybody, I would like to know if I have a Mac Studio linked up to a Dell display, will I be able to use Universal Control between Mac Studio and iPad? Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Jul 18, 2024 4:43 PM

1 reply

Jul 19, 2024 5:30 PM in response to DarinTechX

Continuity features and requirements on Apple devices - Apple Support

Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac - Apple Support

There are two ways you can connect a Mac to an iPad:

• Universal Control – where you share a single keyboard and pointing device between two devices that are acting as independent systems
  • Sidecar – where you use an iPad's screen as an extended or mirrored display for a Mac

It appears that all Mac Studios support both. It doesn't matter that you are using a Dell display instead of an Apple one. You will need to check if your iPad's model and version of iPadOS meet the requirements for the feature that you are trying to use.

Will I be able to use Universal Control between a Mac Studio and an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.