You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts - “Set Scene” shows a blank screen when you have more than one Home

I experienced the common issue that a number of others have reported when trying to set a Home Scene via Shortcuts. When trying to set the scene within the shortcut, I would choose "Control Home" and when I selected "Scenes and Accessories", it would just show a blank screen with none of my scenes or accessories.

I found my issue was due to the fact that I had more than one location defined in Home. I was able to get around the bug by adding additional "Control Home" steps in my shortcut until Shortcuts proposed a step with the actual name of the location in the "Next Action Suggestions". In the screen shot below, you can see the proposals of "Control House" and "Control Beach House" versus the generic "Control Home" from above. For me, the Shortcuts app proposed these entries after I added the "Control Home" for the second time.

Once I selected the respective location, the scenes and accessories were available to choose when I clicked on "Scenes and Accessories". I then deleted the incorrect "Control Home" steps from the short cut and everything worked as expected. Hope this helps.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jul 22, 2024 1:03 PM

There are no replies.

Shortcuts - “Set Scene” shows a blank screen when you have more than one Home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.