You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waking causes chrome to require restore and opens zoom

Mac Studio M2 Max running Sonoma 14.5. When Studio goes to sleep and I wake it up, all Chrome tabs are blank and I get the 'Chrome shut down unexpectedly' error with the option to "restore." Additionally, my Wacom tablet Center pops open and the Zoom app opens with the video enabled.

I've also noticed that waking seems to be taking much longer than usual but that may be because I'm now used to my MacBook booting up almost instantaneously.

What's up with this??

Any ideas?

Thanx for any help.

--lan--

Mac Studio, macOS 14.5

Posted on Jul 24, 2024 12:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2024 7:52 AM

+1 In addition to running and posting an EtreCheck Pro report.

The latest macOS versions are having various issues with automatic computer sleep mode.

Some active processes freeze, while others can actually crash and require a restart.

As a test:

Turn on "Prevent automatic sleeping when display is off" and only allow the display to turn off.

Then leave the Mac ON during the day and only allow the display to turn OFF using a set time.

Only shut down the Mac Studio for longer periods of non-use and overnight if desired.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2024 7:52 AM in response to Lannon Tanchum

+1 In addition to running and posting an EtreCheck Pro report.

The latest macOS versions are having various issues with automatic computer sleep mode.

Some active processes freeze, while others can actually crash and require a restart.

As a test:

Turn on "Prevent automatic sleeping when display is off" and only allow the display to turn off.

Then leave the Mac ON during the day and only allow the display to turn OFF using a set time.

Only shut down the Mac Studio for longer periods of non-use and overnight if desired.

Jul 24, 2024 1:49 PM in response to Lannon Tanchum

Have you run Disk Utility's Disk First Aid on all connected drives?

In Disk Utility>View, select Show all Devices, highlight the top left entry.

Run Disk First Aid on all items in the left panel, from top down.

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255121100?answerId=259529290022#259529290022

Waking causes chrome to require restore and opens zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.