You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio M1 Max does not completely shutdown

My problem:

After choosing shutdown in the Apple menu, the system seems to shutdown properly. But it does not. A connected USB-C cable will still charge my iPhone. When shutdown, the cable should not have power.

Then when pressing the power button on the machine, the white light comes up briefly, a sound is heard, but it does not power up.

Only after removing the power cord for a few minutes the system behaves normal again.

This is a reproducable error. I will bring it in to the apple store today.

Anyone else has this problem too?

Posted on Jul 24, 2024 11:02 PM

3 replies

Jul 25, 2024 8:06 AM in response to Masterbrewerperron

Hello,

Are you running any VPN, Anti-Virus, or Cleaning apps?

We need to see what all is running, a report from this will not display any personal info...

Using EtreCheck - Apple Community

EtreCheck is a FREE simple little diagnostic tool to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. It will not display any personal info.

https://www.etrecheck.com/

Thanks for Old Toad’s etrecheck instructions…

Slow iMac 2017 - Apple Community

Mac Studio M1 Max does not completely shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.