You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books are not syncing with devices; there's no Books tab in the Finder UI for connected iOS devices

I went to read a book on a flight a couple days ago, only to find all of my books missing from my iPad. They were all shown in my library, but upon attempting to open any of them I got an "unable to download" message.

They should not need to be downloaded, because I keep all my E-books on my Mac and sync over USB. An inquiry with Apple Support yielded no solution. They had me reboot my Mac into Safe Mode, which resulted in no change.

I checked the iPad's iCloud settings and turned off Books under "Apps syncing to iCloud drive," but this too produced no change. That was before the reboot to Safe Mode.

There is no Books tab in the device UI in Finder.

Any insight appreciated.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 28, 2024 11:39 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Books are not syncing with devices; there's no Books tab in the Finder UI for connected iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.