You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to switch between PC and Mac while also having dual monitors using KVM Switchers ?

Hi -

Couldn't find an old post with same issue so here I go.

I have a windows laptop (lenovo T480s) and a Mac Studio M2 Max. I also have 2 monitors. One with HDMI and DP and the other one is VGA and HDMI.

Recently bought the Anker KVM 553 USB C switcher(i will return it). I was able to set my laptop to work with the dual display(PC1). When switching to the M2 (PC2) I only get one display (mirror). Both Apple and Anker said the KVM switcher is incompatible with Apple devices. Is that true of all KVM switchers?

Are there any available options for the set up that I'm looking for. To be able to switch between PC and Mac while also having dual monitors on both computers.

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Mac Studio (2022)

Posted on Jul 29, 2024 12:14 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2024 7:19 AM in response to capota2324

Single input Switches and Splitters will not work for Extended Display Mode because each monitor must be connect to different video port of the Mac Studio. see > Connect a display to Mac Studio - Apple Support

Test with one monitor running thru the Anker switch, then connect the other monitor directly to the Mac Studio and use the monitors input source to switch.

Is it possible to switch between PC and Mac while also having dual monitors using KVM Switchers ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.