You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to pair my Apple Vision Pro with MacBook Pro M3 running Sonoma 14.6

I'm having trouble pairing my apple vision pro to my macbook pro M3, my macbook pro is on sonoma 14.6 and i have tested pairing a visionOS1.2 and 2.0 vision pro but it still doesn't work, i have a mac mini that pairs and connects fine to the headsets and those are the steps i tried to do on vision pro and macbook pro to pair them together until now but with no success :

On the same windows wifi hotspot

On the same iPhone hotspot 

On an other wifi hotspot

Tried to clear remote devices, still not recognized

tried to turn off and turn on developper mode still nothing 

tried to reset network parameters 

tried to restart headset 

tried to restart Xcode 

tried to restart mac 

just after restart the headset showed up and i clicked pair and typed in the code but then the headset was still in "disconnected" and couldn't connect to mac

tried to restart mac and headset 

tried to rename headset 

tried to switch mac 

tried 1 headset on at a time

tried to clean build folder 

deleted contents of ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData

tried sudo defaults write "/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist NoMulticastAdvertisements" -bool true

tried to deactivate the firewall

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro, visionOS 1

Posted on Aug 1, 2024 12:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2024 9:21 PM

It's really frustrating. I first find out that the AVP doesn't work with any Microsoft app that uses enterprise authenticator app (which is the primary use case for work), so can't use Teams, Outlook, etc. Then I try to connect my AVP to my work MBP m3 and lord behold, it also doesn't work as a virtual display, it's not recognizing my computer either. I've tried all the things you did as well and no luck. It seem this is the most expensive productivity brick I have ever wasted my money on. Only use case at the moment is watching movies.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2024 9:21 PM in response to natao

It's really frustrating. I first find out that the AVP doesn't work with any Microsoft app that uses enterprise authenticator app (which is the primary use case for work), so can't use Teams, Outlook, etc. Then I try to connect my AVP to my work MBP m3 and lord behold, it also doesn't work as a virtual display, it's not recognizing my computer either. I've tried all the things you did as well and no luck. It seem this is the most expensive productivity brick I have ever wasted my money on. Only use case at the moment is watching movies.

Aug 1, 2024 12:35 AM in response to natao

natao Said:

"Vision pro not pairing Macbook with pro: I'm having trouble pairing my apple vision pro to my macbook pro M3, my macbook pro is on sonoma 14.6 and i have tested pairing a visionOS1.2 and 2.0 vision pro but it still doesn't work, i have a mac mini that pairs and connects fine to the headsets and those are the steps i tried to do on vision pro and macbook pro to pair them together until now but with no success :"

-------

Troubleshooting Vision Pro not MacBook Pro Pairing:

Tried this Link?: If you can't Connect to your Mac in Apple Vision Pro - Apple Support

Aug 1, 2024 12:51 AM in response to natao

natao Said:

"Vision pro not pairing Macbook with pro: yes i've tried this"

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Check for Updates from Apple:

Go Here: Update visionOS on your Apple Vision Pro - Apple Support

Contact VisionPro:

Go here, and contact the Vision Pro. Perhaps they have the answer, such as a bug update: Contact Us - VisionPro. Change you location, if it does new show up correctly. That's the link that pops up when googling it.

Aug 4, 2024 12:20 AM in response to natao

natao Said:

"Vision pro not pairing Macbook with pro: yes i've asked to the dev community and here too, i don't get how i'm paying for apple care on both of my devices and there's no one at apple that are helping me with my problem and i have to ask to the community

———-

Contact all those Involved (Developers and Manufacturers):

Seems you’ve done lots of troubleshooting. So, hardware is all that you’d need AppleCare+ for. Look up the specs of any other hardware taking place here, and contact the manufacture, requesting assistance. Incompatibility seems to be the culprit here.

I am unable to pair my Apple Vision Pro with MacBook Pro M3 running Sonoma 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.