You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New house full non-Apple smart switches

I just moved into a new house, almost all switches are smart wifi controlled, there are also wifi cameras and garage / alarm controls. All was previously working with Alexa with old owner. I have only Apple, HomePod, MacMini as a server and mulitple devices. I have researched options and all see either not to work or are very complex to integrate (scripts, etc). Is there a simple app, or interface, prefer not hardware, that I can install that allows me to manage Tuya, Sonoff, Tapo, etc. All work fine with individual apps on my phone and in most cases I can control them with the Alexa app on my phone, but then it must be running all the time.

HomePod, 17

Posted on Aug 1, 2024 3:58 AM

3 replies

Aug 2, 2024 11:12 AM in response to johne999

They don’t all need to be with matter. You’ll need to search online for each one and see if it is described as working with HomeKit. (Idon’t know what you have)., There may be instructions for adding them . In some cases you need a QR code which might have been discarded by now or one might be generated when you try adding to HomeKit in their stand alone apps. For example if they have display screens like on a thermostat, one will come up on the screen to use your iPhone to scan. Look in their apps in settings “smart home” to see if you can find “Apple HomeKit” and there may even be sync to HomeKit in that as well.

Aug 1, 2024 10:09 PM in response to johne999

If these accessories “work with Apple HomeKit” you should be able to add them to the Home App on one device (signed into the same iCloud account should sync across to other devices in the Home App). I’m not personally familiar with the brands you mentioned. See: Add a smart home accessory to the Home app - Apple Support

Your Home Hub will be the HomePod

New house full non-Apple smart switches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.