You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books are not syncing between my MacBook Air and my iPad

I'm struggling with a number of things here, but I'm not good with this kinda stuff so I'll do my best to describe what's happening. Both my Macbook Air and my iPad are up to date. 

1. I can access iBooks on my Macbook Air and my iPad separately, but they are not syncing.
  2. When I connect my Macbook and iPad with a cable my iPad shows up in Finder, but 'Books' is no longer an option on the task bar (is that the right term?). It showed up 2 weeks ago, but has not since then.
  3. I cannot find my books on my iCloud drive on my Macbook and on my icloud.com account.
  • Macbook iCloud drive: 

- there is a 'Books' folder, but none of my books are in the folder

- the 'Books' folder is one of the blue folder options, but the books app (orange tile with an image of a white book) is not there, nor has it ever been. 

- in my system preferences > iCloud > Account Storage > Manage I see that my Apple Books show up twice. One says it takes up 1.4 GB of my storage and the other 9.6 KB of my storage. 

- likewise in my system preferences > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud > Show more Apps... Books is selected.

- similarly (and perhaps related to the above problem), I cannot see my photos available in my iCloud Drive.

• iCloud.com:

- 'Books' is not an app on my homepage. It is not an option when I click 'Customize Home Page' and it is not an option when I click the tile icon in the top right of the toolbar next to the profile icon

- similarly (and perhaps related to the above problem), I have 24 photos in my photo library on iCloud.com, but I cannot access those same photos on my Macbook or my iPad. 

Okay, I think that's it. Does the information make sense? Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 1, 2024 2:57 PM

There are no replies.

Books are not syncing between my MacBook Air and my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.