You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the eye tracking improve if I create more space between my eyes and the Apple Visio Pro, by getting the 24W light seal?

Let me first say, my AVP travels with me every day, all day, bumping and shaking along the way.

When it’s time for me to put it on, I have to go through the PD alinement and eye setup routine just so the eye tracking somewhat works well enough to get through my emails and some web browsing.

I assume this is because all the traveling and vibrations I put the AVP through shakes some things loose. I notice when I do the PD alignment, it always makes a “Sound” as if parts are moving and the lens move freely. Doesn’t sound broken, I’m sure it’s fine.

Once things get setup, it truly does work well… but not great. I’m guessing when I purchased the AVP and they “Sized Me Up” they didn’t take into account I would be needing the corrective Len inserts. They gave me a 21W when I believe I require a 24W. I always get a warning message saying I need more space between my eyes and the AVP. I did use the larger light seal cushion that comes with the AVP but I still get the warning.

My question is: Will the eye tracking improve if I create more space between my eyes and the AVP, by getting the 24W light seal? I’m thinking, yes.

BTW, Apple says the AVP has a PD range of 51-75. I have a PD of 64. Every time I go through the realignment process, I hold down the crown until the graphic indicates it’s aligned, the AVP moves the lens all the way to the center (51 PD, I guess). Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Aug 1, 2024 3:31 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2024 8:07 AM in response to MrChrisHaas

You should not have to be repeatedly running the PD algorithm and the eye setup on your VP. I have had mine since the day of launch and I have only run PD and eye setup a very few times and even then it did not seem necessary to do so. I do get the warning that my eyes are too close to the display virtually every time I use the VP and I have learned to simply cancel the message and ignore it. I can tell you that for me changing from 21 size light seal to a 25 size light seal had no impact on that frequency of appearance of that message. I do hope that you are correctly inserting and using the Zeiss lens inserts as these are critical for me to get a sharp image on my VP. The graphic on my VP does move to the center when I run the eye alignment algorithm but I do not know that this means that the PD = 51. I hope this has been helpful, and that you can continue to enjoy your VP. Tom

Aug 3, 2024 8:51 AM in response to TomWheel

Thanks Tom for the reply.

I agree, we should only have to go through the display and eye tracking setup once. I’m guessing that with all the vibrations and bouncing around my unit goes through causes this issue for me.

Thanks for the insight regarding the warning message that my eyes are too close to the unit.

Question: Have you notice any difference with regards to the eye tracking accuracy going from one size to the other? I prefer the AVP display setting set to SMALL and find after an hour or so and few repositions on my face, the eye tracking starts to fail.

Thanks again for the reply.

Aug 3, 2024 1:53 PM in response to MrChrisHaas

No, I don’t find any noticeable difference in eye tracking accuracy with different sizes of light seal. I simply use the light seal that gives me the minimum light leakage. Is that what you meant by “the small AVP display”? One real improvement in comfort while wearing the AVP for an hour or more has been the Globular Cluster CMA1 Comfort Modification available via Amazon. This inexpensive device spreads the weight of the AVP across more of your head and comes with a better light seal than Apple’s. As a great carrying case for the AVP and the CMA1 I have found the Smriti Hard Case to be excellent. I use both with my AVP. Tom

Will the eye tracking improve if I create more space between my eyes and the Apple Visio Pro, by getting the 24W light seal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.