You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HD apple music; android auto - little bass

Hi

I just started an apple music subscription for car audio from my android phone to Kenwood Excelon Head Unit.

I cable connected the android phone and had downloaded some apple HD music. I played it and couldn't even hear the subwoofer. Normally if I play the same music from my flash drive, my bones would shake from the 12" JL audio sub in my trunk. But from apple music via android auto, it sounded ok with the rest of the speakers, but little bass. I have used Tidal high res music in my car and the bass sounded fine. Any idea what's happening? I disabled bluetooth to be sure it wasn't playing through there.

3941RW,

Posted on Aug 3, 2024 1:33 PM

2 replies

Aug 3, 2024 6:16 PM in response to Jeff_HiRes

Bump. I turned on equalizer and disabled atmos gaming, but still there's no subwoofer frequency bass going to my sub. The file says "lossless" while it's playing, but that cannot be so; it just can't because there is low end loss. Anyone know what's going on? I was cable connected. Blue tooth has to also be enabled because Android auto requires it. But I am cable connected and had also connected via wifi and, no difference.

HD apple music; android auto - little bass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.