You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio graphics failures?

I have a Mac Studio (2022) with M1 Max connected to a 10 year old ASUS monitor. Over the past month, I've experienced the screen suddenly becoming pixelated with either vertical or horizontal lines. Then, today, the monitor will just go black for a few seconds and then return to normal. At first I thought it might be my DisplayPort cable, so I switched to an HDMI connection, but the problem persists. I've previously seen graphics card failure happen intermittently before complete failure (on my old 2011 MACBook Pro). I'm not sure if it's my Studio or the monitor.

Does anyone know if there have been frequent graphics issues with the Mac Studio with M1 Max?

Thanks.

Mac Studio, macOS 14.6

Posted on Aug 4, 2024 3:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2024 6:24 PM

there are NOT frequent issues that can be blamed on the graphics cards in these Macs.

your problem sounds like a dying display.

2 replies

Mac Studio graphics failures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.