You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased an UnderWater Audio iPod shuffle, and not able to transfer music!!

Hello,

I am a swimmer, and purchased an UnderWater Audio apple iPod shuffle to attach to my goggles and listen to music while I swim. I have been trying on multiple front to download music onto it, but am provided with an error message from Apple Music. Since I do pay for a subscription, I noticed that I cannot add new songs, and even after downloading, copy and drop into new playlist, nothing works. There are no options to purchase the song so that I can use it on my device. How do I get music to keep me motivated while I swim. So infuriating! I was able to put OLD *** music on but no NEW music. Help

iPod shuffle

Posted on Aug 5, 2024 9:38 AM

1 reply

Aug 5, 2024 9:54 AM in response to DezurePupone

Tracks and albums obtained from the Apple Music subscription service cannot be transferred to devices without a way to validate the subscription status. That is, with an active internet connection and that can connect to Apple servers and verify the subscription and validity of the tracks. These are things an iPod shuffle cannot do. Otherwise, it would lead to rampant piracy, if you could pay $9.99 for a month, download unlimited tracks and then transfer them anywhere you want to without restrictions.

To transfer tracks to an iPod shuffle, you need to either purchase them from the iTunes Store directly or import them into the Music app from other non DRM sources including but not limited to CDs, mp3s and other non-protected sources.

These apps can be synced to the iPod using the Finder on a Mac or the Devices app on a Windows PC.

click here ➜ Buy music from the iTunes Store on your Mac - Apple Support

or here ➜ Buy music from the iTunes Store on your PC - Apple Support

then here ➜ Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

or here ➜ Sync music between your Windows device and iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

I purchased an UnderWater Audio iPod shuffle, and not able to transfer music!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.