You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other networks" problem/solution

I returned from a trip and now I can’t connect to my home WiFi 5G Netgear system. Someone posted a solution as turning off location services and logging on and then turning location services back on. Well, that didn’t work.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Aug 5, 2024 12:15 PM

2 replies

Aug 5, 2024 1:00 PM in response to BT11.11

Check your router manual; it should have a way to search for the least used channel. Usually just turning it off for a few seconds will start a search, as IdrisSeabright suggested.

Wi-Fi can support multiple users on the same channel because it is a frequency hopping protocol, so a bunch of users, each using different random frequency changes, can share the same bandwidth (technology invented and patented by the actress Hedy Lamar, who was an engineer before becoming a performer).

"This network is operating on Wi-Fi channels in use by several other networks" problem/solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.