You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IWeb data migration 2024

Dear Apple community,

I have been using apple iWeb for years and I have done my whole webpage through it. I have bought a new iMac yesterday and I cannot migrate data to any similar software because iWeb doesn't exist anymore. I have EverWeb but that only allows me to copy everything manually again. Does someone know any way out of this?

I just need to copy the data from iWeb to another software and continue developing my website.

iMac 24″

Posted on Aug 8, 2024 9:05 AM

1 reply

Aug 8, 2024 1:17 PM in response to AntonKirchmair

Your iWeb data is located in the following locations on the old Mac in the iWeb2 or iWeb3 naming convention respectively:

• /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites
  • /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2

I don't believe EverWeb can open this iWeb content and you may need to start from scratch designing a new site with a Mac tool that can manage and upload the site content.

IWeb data migration 2024

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.