You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Apple Music sign-in on Android after security keys are added to Apple ID

When I try to login to Apple Music on an Android phone, I am prompted to enter a verification code (6-digit). Normally this code would pop up on my Mac or iPad after I would approve the login attempt that has the map and get the 6-digit code. But when security keys are added as 2nd factor of authentication, I do not get the code. Instead my iPhone shows a pop up that says that someone is trying to sign in and has two options "OK" and "This wasn't me." Clicking "OK" makes the pop-up go away and no code is given. Clicking "This Wasn't Me" takes me to the Apple ID password reset flow which also produces no code.

I read elsewhere that I can get this to work by removing security keys which I don't want to remove. Is there any other way to login? App specific passwords do not work either, nor does iPhone show "generate code" option because security keys are enabled.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 10, 2024 12:04 AM

There are no replies.

Problems with Apple Music sign-in on Android after security keys are added to Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.