You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Language of books

Hi there, after checking a few topics in this forum, I didn’t find my answer. I want to read books in English/Arabic/Korean, but I literally cannot choose the language that I want to have recommandations. I don’t care about the books, I just want to read in these specific languages, but as I live in France there is no books in an other language that French. I tried to change my residence country but it asked me a foreign phone number. Why can’t I access to books in other languages? I just want free books to read and to not have any recommendations in French.

Kind greetings,

Jeanne.

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Aug 10, 2024 8:00 AM

3 replies

Aug 10, 2024 9:05 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks, but I don’t want to search books, I want to have recommandations in English, and categories (books in en, ar…). It’s not fair that just because I live in a country, I cannot have access to recommendations. In every other apps we can select the language we want for books, and they show us all the books available in this language. So please read again my question because I explained it very well that I wanted to have recommendations in another language, and that I don’t have to search them. I don’t care which books are there lol I just want another language.

Aug 10, 2024 9:17 AM in response to sst_ningmeng

Apple's Books app simply can't do what you want yet. To ask Apple to add that feature, you can use the feedback link provided earlier. In these forums you are only talking to other users like yourself trying to give useful advice.

I understand your frustration. I live in the US and normally read books in French, German, Italian, or Spanish. It's not a problem for me because I know the authors and titles already and have no trouble finding them.

Language of books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.