You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone query with 2022 MacStudio (M1 Ultra)

Hello! This is a fairly basic question. I have a Mac Studio paired with an LG Monitor and I really enjoy the size/utility of this combination. However, I recently have been trying to join work calls from this device and have been unsuccessful - later learning that there is no microphone. I assumed the Mac Studio came with an input microphone but nothing is present in my "input" sound setting. Questions: (1) Is this correct that this 2022 Mac Studio M1 ultra doesn't come with a built-in microphone? and (2) What external microphone do you recommend for purchase with this MacStudio?

Mac Studio, macOS 14.5

Posted on Aug 12, 2024 12:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2024 8:59 AM

The Mac Studio does not have a built-in Microphone.

see "Audio" at > Mac Studio - Technical Specifications - Apple

This sounds like a good time to invest in a WebCam w/Mic, instead of just a stand alone Microphone.

see > https://www.xda-developers.com/best-webcams-mac/

3 replies

Microphone query with 2022 MacStudio (M1 Ultra)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.